Source: Sun Star Network (Manila)
Philippines President, Gloria Macapagal Arroyo, has declared Monday, September 7, 2009, as a non-working public holiday throughout the country to coincide with the funeral of Iglesia Ni Cristo (INC) executive minister Erano "Ka Erdy" Manalo.
As Press Secretary, Cerge Remonde, mentioned earlier this week (02-Sep-2009), President Arroyo had been reported to be considering a non-working public holiday on the date of the burial of recently departed minister Manalo.
In early July of this year (07-Jul-2009), President, Arroyo, declared July 27 of this year, and every year thereafter, as "Iglesia ni Cristo Day", a special working holiday.
Earlier today there had been some confusion as to whether the Saturday, September 12, 2009, National Day of Prayer for Peace and Sanctification of Spiritual Leaders, declared by Philippines President, Gloria Macapagal Arroyo, was related to the INC's leader funeral or not.
Related links and worldwide public holidays news updates:
• Philippines bank holidays and public holidays (news and updates)
bank holidays and public holidays news updates (September 2009)
Philippines 2019 bank holidays and public holidays (current year)
Philippines 2020 bank holidays and public holidays (next year)
Philippines 2021 bank holidays and public holidays
Philippines 2022 bank holidays and public holidays
Philippines 2023 bank holidays and public holidays
• 2014-07-20: Philippines Declares 2014 INC Public Holiday
• 2014-07-07: Philippines 2014 INC Public Holiday Passes DOJ
• 2014-06-09: Philippines 2014 INC Public Holiday Passes Senate
• 2014-03-14: Philippines 2014 INC Public Holiday Passes House
• 2009-09-05: Philippines Exempts BPO From September Public Holidays
• 2009-09-02: Philippines Could Soon Declare INC Public Holiday
• 2009-07-07: Philippines Declares July 27 Annual Working Public Holiday