Source: Reuters (Bangkok)
Late last night, Thailand's Central Bank and the Stock Exchange of Thailand (SET) both announced that all banks and financial markets would remain open on Friday, April 10, 2009.
This, despite the one-off public holiday declared by the government yesterday (09-Apr-2009).
The banking and financial sectors in Thailand have, on occasion, decided to skip one-off public holidays declared by the government (see, for example: 08-Aug-2007).
Related links and worldwide public holidays news updates:
• Thailand bank holidays and public holidays (news and updates)
bank holidays and public holidays news updates (April 2009)
Thailand 2018 bank holidays and public holidays (current year)
Thailand 2019 bank holidays and public holidays (next year)
Thailand 2020 bank holidays and public holidays
Thailand 2021 bank holidays and public holidays
Thailand 2022 bank holidays and public holidays
• 2018-09-05: Thailand Cancels Mid-Year Bank Holiday
• 2009-04-14: Thailand Declares 2 Additional Public Holidays This Week
• 2009-04-09: Thailand Declares April 10 Public Holiday
• 2007-08-08: Thailand Financial Institutions Will Be Open On August 20