Source: Bahrain News Agency (BNA)
Bahrain's Prime Minister, Prince Khalifa bin Salman Al Khalifa, has issued a May Day circular announcing that all ministries, government departments and institutions would close on Saturday, May 1, 2010, for the International Workers' Day public holiday.
In addition, as was done last year (24-Apr-2009), and as per the Legislative Decree No.23 of 1976, Sunday, May 2, 2010, has been declared a day in lieu public holiday to compensate the fact that the May 1st public holiday falls on a weekend day, Saturday, in 2010.
However, only civil servants will benefit from this extra day, given, at the discretion of the government, when a public holiday falls on a Friday or Saturday. Banks and financial institutions will, as per custom, follow the public holidays of the public service.
Bahrain's weekends were changed from Thursday-Friday to Friday-Saturday a few years ago (02-Aug-2006).
• Bahrain bank holidays and public holidays (news and updates)
bank holidays and public holidays news updates (April 2010)
Bahrain 2019 bank holidays and public holidays (current year)
Bahrain 2020 bank holidays and public holidays (next year)
Bahrain 2021 bank holidays and public holidays
Bahrain 2022 bank holidays and public holidays
Bahrain 2023 bank holidays and public holidays
• 2015-04-26: Bahrain Labour Day 2015 Public Holidays
• 2012-04-29: Bahrain Public Holiday May 1st
• 2011-04-28: Bahrain Declares May 1 Public Holiday
• 2009-04-24: Bahrain Day In Lieu Public Holiday
• 2006-08-02: Bahrain To Change Weekend Days To Friday-Saturday