Source: CTV News (Toronto)
An opposition member of the legislature of Canada's Province of Ontario, Progressive Conservative Lisa MacLeod, has announced that she will introduce a private member's bill to designate November 11 as a statutory provincial non-working public holiday.
The last public holiday added to Ontario's list of public holidays was the "Family Day" public holiday, on the third Monday of February (11-Oct-2007).
Related links and worldwide public holidays news updates:
• Canada bank holidays and public holidays (news and updates)
bank holidays and public holidays news updates (November 2010)
Canada 2019 bank holidays and public holidays (current year)
Canada 2020 bank holidays and public holidays (next year)
Canada 2021 bank holidays and public holidays
Canada 2022 bank holidays and public holidays
Canada 2023 bank holidays and public holidays
• 2018-03-02: Canada Federal November 11 Public Holiday
• 2016-10-03: Canada New November 11 Public Holiday Bill
• 2015-11-11: Canadan November 11 Public Holiday Extension Ruled-Out
• 2014-11-05: Canada November 11 Public Holiday Update
• 2007-10-11: Canada's Family Day Public Holiday Will Extend To Ontario In 2008