Source: Office of the Administrator (Indian Ocean Territories)
The Administrator of Australia's Indian Ocean Territories, Brian Lacy, has signed Community Bulletin A13/2010 which officially gazettes Christmas Island public holidays for the calendar year 2011.
Although Christmas Island follows the Western Australian day in lieu rules for public holidays falling on a Saturday or Sunday, particularly as regards the ANZAC Day public holiday, there will be no public holiday on Easter Tuesday on Christmas Island in 2011, as has already been declared by most Australian states (14-Jul-2010, 08-Jul-2010, and 01-Jul-2010). The reason is that Easter Monday is not a public holiday on Christmas Island.
As per the Public and Bank Holidays Act 1972 (WA)(CI) of Western Australia, the aforementioned Community Bulletin was preceded by an official proclamation published in the Government Gazette 06/2010.
Related links and worldwide public holidays news updates:
• Christmas Island bank holidays and public holidays (news and updates)
bank holidays and public holidays news updates (August 2010)
Christmas Island 2018 bank holidays and public holidays (current year)
Christmas Island 2019 bank holidays and public holidays (next year)
Christmas Island 2020 bank holidays and public holidays
Christmas Island 2021 bank holidays and public holidays
Christmas Island 2022 bank holidays and public holidays
• 2014-08-21: Christmas Island 2015 Public Holidays Announced
• 2013-09-27: Christmas Island 2014 Public Holidays Announced
• 2012-09-10: Christmas Island 2013 Public Holidays Announced
• 2011-08-22: Christmas Island 2012 Public Holidays Announced
• 2010-08-09: Cocos (Keeling) Islands 2011 Public Holidays Announced
• 2010-07-14: Australian ACT Announces April 26 Public Holiday
• 2010-07-08: South Australia 5-Day Easter Public Holidays In 2011
• 2010-07-01: Western Australia Gazettes Upcoming Regional Public Holidays