Source: ABS-CBN News (Manila)
The Philippines Commission on Elections (Comelec) has announced that it will ask the President of the Philippines to issue an executive order declaring a one-off non-working public holiday on Monday, October 25, 2010, the date of the upcoming Barangay and Sangguniang Kabataan (SK) elections.
Three years ago, President Gloria Macapagal Arroyo had issued Presidential Proclamation No. 1403 making Monday, October 29, 2007, a special non-working holiday throughout the country on the occasion of the previous Barangay and Sangguniang Kabataan elections (17-Oct-2007).
Similar electoral public holidays were declared on the occasion of the last presidential, mid-term, and term, elections (18-Mar-2010, 25-Apr-2007 and 06-May-2004).
• Philippines bank holidays and public holidays (news and updates)
bank holidays and public holidays news updates (October 2010)
Philippines 2019 bank holidays and public holidays (current year)
Philippines 2020 bank holidays and public holidays (next year)
Philippines 2021 bank holidays and public holidays
Philippines 2022 bank holidays and public holidays
Philippines 2023 bank holidays and public holidays
• 2018-05-02: Philippines Public Holiday May 14
• 2010-10-07: Philippines Declares October 25 Public Holiday
• 2010-03-18: Philippines Declares May 10 Public Holiday
• 2007-10-17: Philippines Declares October 29 Public Holiday
• 2007-04-25: Philippines Declares Public Holiday For Mid-Term Elections
• 2004-05-06: Philippines Election Public Holiday On May 10