Source: ABS-CBN News (Manila)
Earlier this morning, a Malacañang official announced that President Gloria Macapagal Arroyo had agreed to declare Wednesday, June 30, 2010, a one-off non-working public holiday on account of President-elect Benigno "Noynoy" Aquino III's inauguration.
The declaration is contained in the Proclamation No. 2085, "Declaring Wednesday, June 30, 2010 as Special Non-Working Holiday Throughout the Philippines".
Yesterday (16-Jun-2010), we had reported that Philippines' Executive Secretary, Leandro Mendoza, had recommended to President Arroyo that she declare a one-off public holiday on Wednesday, June 30, 2010, on the occasion of the upcoming presidential inauguration.
Related links and worldwide public holidays news updates:
• Philippines bank holidays and public holidays (news and updates)
bank holidays and public holidays news updates (June 2010)
Philippines 2019 bank holidays and public holidays (current year)
Philippines 2020 bank holidays and public holidays (next year)
Philippines 2021 bank holidays and public holidays
Philippines 2022 bank holidays and public holidays
Philippines 2023 bank holidays and public holidays
• 2016-06-29: Philippines June 30 Public Holiday Ruled-Out
• 2016-06-25: Philippines Mulls June 30 Public Holiday
• 2011-06-05: Philippines Rule-Out June 13 Public Holiday
• 2010-12-20: Philippines 2011 Public Holidays Announced
• 2010-11-29: Philippines To Announce Public Holidays By Mid-December
• 2010-11-11: Philippines Declares November 29 Public Holiday
• 2010-06-16: Philippines Considering June 30 Public Holiday