Source: Manila Bulletin (Manila)
The Secretary of the National Commission on Muslim Filipinos (NCMF), Bai Omera D. Dianalan Lucman, has recommended to the government of the Philippines that the date for the upcoming Eid'l Fitr (End of Ramadan) public holiday be declared as Friday, September 10, 2010.
The End of Ramadan public holiday was declared a one-off public holiday in 2001 (05-Nov-2001), and an annual national public holiday the year after (23-Jan-2002).
However, the date of the End of Ramadan public holiday was not specified in last year's Proclamation 1841 (22-Jul-2009), declaring 10 regular public holidays, four special non-working public holidays and one special public holiday for the calendar year 2010.
Related links and worldwide public holidays news updates:
• Philippines bank holidays and public holidays (news and updates)
bank holidays and public holidays news updates (August 2010)
Philippines 2018 bank holidays and public holidays (current year)
Philippines 2019 bank holidays and public holidays (next year)
Philippines 2020 bank holidays and public holidays
Philippines 2021 bank holidays and public holidays
Philippines 2022 bank holidays and public holidays
• 2010-09-03: Philippines Finally Declare September 10 Eid Public Holiday
• 2009-07-22: Philippines 2010 Public Holidays Declared
• 2002-01-23: Philippines To Make End Of Ramadan A Full Public Holiday
• 2001-11-05: Philippines Declares End Of Ramadan Public Holiday For First Time