Source: Philippine Daily Inquirer (Manila)
Philippines' president-elect, Benigno Aquino III, is quoted in media reports as being in favor of repealing the provisions of Republic Act 9492 as they pertain to the, June 12, Independence Day public holiday.
A couple of years ago (09-Aug-2007 and 25-Jul-2007), President Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo (PGMA) signed Republic Act 9492 which amends Section 26, Chapter 7, Book I of Executive Order No. 292 (also known as the Administrative Code). The Act made the so-called Holiday Economics, or the practice of shifting holiday observances, into official government policy, and mandated that most holidays, except those with religious significance, will be shifted to the nearest Monday, and codified the previous year's attempt (19-Jan-2007), to make the occurrence of public holidays more predictable.
President-elect, Benigno Aquino III, will be inaugurated on June 30, 2010.
Related links and worldwide public holidays news updates:
• Philippines bank holidays and public holidays (news and updates)
bank holidays and public holidays news updates (June 2010)
Philippines 2019 bank holidays and public holidays (current year)
Philippines 2020 bank holidays and public holidays (next year)
Philippines 2021 bank holidays and public holidays
Philippines 2022 bank holidays and public holidays
Philippines 2023 bank holidays and public holidays
• 2011-04-06: Philippines Rule-Out April 9 Public Holiday Move
• 2010-12-12: Philippines Confirm 2 Year-End Public Holidays
• 2010-08-11: Philippines Cancels August 23 Public Holiday
• 2010-07-12: Philippines To Review Public Holidays Economics
• 2010-07-08: Philippines Will Not Amend Public Holidays Laws
• 2007-08-09: Philippines Tinkers With Recent Public Holidays Rationalization Law
• 2007-07-25: Philippines Public Holidays Undergo Major Changes
• 2007-01-19: Philippines Declares Four Additional Non-Working Public Holidays For 2007