Source: Agencia Boliviana de Información (La Paz)
Bolivia's Minister of Labour, Daniel Santalla, has announced that the relatively new, June 21, public holiday would be a nationwide public holiday, for both the public and private sectors, and not only in the western part of the country.
The Minister went on to confirm that, June 23, the date of Corpus Cristi in 2011, would also be a non-working public holiday as a Catholic custom ("porque es una cuestión de costumbre heredada de la religión católica").
The June 21, "Solsticio de Invierno o Año Nuevo Andino", public holiday was decreed 2 years ago (18-Jun-2009) by Bolivia's cabinet which passed the Decreto Supremo Nº 173 declaring that the Indigenous New Year, on June 21, would henceforth be an annual public holiday in Bolivia.
For its part, Corpus Cristi has been rumored to be on the way out in the past (08-Apr-2009 and 06-Jun-2007), but keeps on being reaffirmed every year (09-Jun-2009 and 29-Jan-2010).
• Bolivia bank holidays and public holidays (news and updates)
bank holidays and public holidays news updates (June 2011)
Bolivia 2019 bank holidays and public holidays (current year)
Bolivia 2020 bank holidays and public holidays (next year)
Bolivia 2021 bank holidays and public holidays
Bolivia 2022 bank holidays and public holidays
Bolivia 2023 bank holidays and public holidays
• 2018-05-30: Bolivian Public Holidays May 31
• 2016-05-25: Bolivian Public Holidays June 26-27
• 2015-06-02: Bolivian Public Holiday June 4
• 2014-06-17: Bolivian June 19 and 21 Public Holidays
• 2013-05-29: Bolivian May 30 Public Holiday Confirmed
• 2012-06-05: Bolivian Public Holidays June 7 and 21
• 2010-01-29: Bolivia Officially Maintains Catholic Public Holidays
• 2009-06-18: Bolivia Declares June 21 Public Holiday
• 2009-06-09: Bolivia Ratifies Corpus Christi Public Holiday For 2009
• 2009-04-08: Bolivia Could Soon Replace Religious Public Holidays
• 2007-06-06: Bolivia Could Swap Corpus Christi and Año Nuevo Indígena Public Holidays