Source: Office of the President of the Gambia (Banjul)
Gambia's president, Yahya Jammeh, has declared Monday, January 2, 2012, as another non-working public holiday throughout Gambia "in observance of the New Year".
Apparently, the aforementioned declaration of Monday, January 2, 2012, as a non-working public holiday in the Gambia was due to the annual New Year's Day public holiday falling on a Sunday.
Normally, Gambian public holidays that fall on a Sunday do not give rise to a non-working public holiday on the following Monday, although there have been some exceptions in the recent past (29-Apr-2011).
As per custom, the aforementioned announcement is signed by the President of the Republic of The Gambia, Sheikh Professor Alhaji Dr. Yahya AJJ Jammeh, GMRG, as a FAAICL (Fellow of Australian Asia Institute for Civil Leadership).
Related links and worldwide public holidays news updates:
• Gambia bank holidays and public holidays (news and updates)
bank holidays and public holidays news updates (December 2011)
Gambia 2018 bank holidays and public holidays (current year)
Gambia 2019 bank holidays and public holidays (next year)
Gambia 2020 bank holidays and public holidays
Gambia 2021 bank holidays and public holidays
Gambia 2022 bank holidays and public holidays
• 2018-03-28: Gambian Easter 2018 Public Holidays
• 2018-02-16: Gambian Public Holidays February 18-19
• 2017-02-16: Gambian Public Holiday February 18
• 2016-03-23: Gambian Public Holidays March 25 and 28
• 2016-02-17: Gambian Public Holiday February 18
• 2013-07-20: Gambian Public Holiday July 22
• 2012-11-07: Gambian Public Holiday November 9
• 2012-07-20: Gambian Public Holiday July 23
• 2011-04-29: Gambia Public Holiday May 2nd