Source: Liberia Broadcasting System (Monrovia)
The President of Liberia, Ellen Johnson-Sirleaf, has issued a Proclamation declaring Monday, January 31st, 2011 as a non-working national public holiday, to be observed throughout the Republic of Liberia.
The aforementioned one-off public holiday was declared at the request of the National Elections Commission (NEC) which had requested that the Government declare Monday, January 31, 2011, as a non-working national public holiday "to afford all eligible Liberians the opportunity to register to enable them to vote".
Elections-related public holidays are common in Liberia (23-Nov-2009 and 09-Nov-2009).
Related links and worldwide public holidays news updates:
• Liberia bank holidays and public holidays (news and updates)
bank holidays and public holidays news updates (January 2011)
Liberia 2017 bank holidays and public holidays (current year)
Liberia 2018 bank holidays and public holidays (next year)
Liberia 2019 bank holidays and public holidays
Liberia 2020 bank holidays and public holidays
Liberia 2021 bank holidays and public holidays
• 2017-10-06: Liberia Electoral Public Holiday October 10
• 2015-05-11: Liberian Public Holiday May 11
• 2014-12-15: Liberian Public Holiday December 20
• 2014-07-30: Liberian Ebola Public Holiday August 1st
• 2013-10-09: Liberian New Public Holiday October 11
• 2012-06-20: Liberian Working Public Holiday June 22
• 2012-05-02: Liberian Public Holiday May 3
• 2012-04-23: Liberian Public Holiday April 26
• 2012-01-13: Liberian Public Holiday January 16
• 2009-11-23: Liberia Declares November 24 Electoral Public Holiday
• 2009-11-09: Liberia Declares November 10 Electoral Public Holiday