Source: L'Express de Madagascar (Antananarivo)
Madagascar's Conseil du Gouvernement has reached an agreement with all major parties to postpone, sine die, the upcoming March 16, 2011, parliamentary elections.
Late last year (20-Dec-2010), the date for the upcoming parliamentary elections had been set to Wednesday, March 16, 2011, a date that was expected to be declared as a one-off public holiday in Madagascar.
Although the official list of 2011 public holidays in Madagascar have not yet been announced, last year's "Décret fixant la liste des jours fériés au titre de l'année 2010" (20-Jan-2010) stipulated that the dates of elections shall also be public holidays ("sont déclarées également fériées, chômées et payées les journées auxquelles se tiendront des élections") and this was extended to cover the date of the recent referendum on the new constitution (18-Nov-2010) and the date of the promulgation of the new constitution (10-Dec-2010).
Related links and worldwide public holidays news updates:
• Madagascar bank holidays and public holidays (news and updates)
bank holidays and public holidays news updates (January 2011)
Madagascar 2018 bank holidays and public holidays (current year)
Madagascar 2019 bank holidays and public holidays (next year)
Madagascar 2020 bank holidays and public holidays
Madagascar 2021 bank holidays and public holidays
Madagascar 2022 bank holidays and public holidays
• 2018-02-26: Madagascar 2018 Public Holidays Announced
• 2013-08-19: Madagascar 2013 Electoral Public Holidays Moved Again
• 2013-06-07: Madagascar 2013 Electoral Public Holidays Moved Again
• 2013-02-10: Madagascar 2013 Electoral Public Holidays Moved
• 2012-08-02: Madagascar 2013 Electoral Public Holidays
• 2012-06-08: Madagascar 2013 Electoral Public Holiday
• 2011-01-15: Madagascar 2011 Public Holidays Announced
• 2010-12-20: Madagascar Announces March 16 Parliamentary Elections
• 2010-12-10: Madagascar Declares December 11 Public Holiday
• 2010-11-18: UK Could Declare Additional 2011 Public Holiday
• 2010-01-20: Madagascar 2010 Public Holidays Announced