Source: The Manila Bulletin (Manila)
Philippines' Deputy Presidential Spokesperson, Abigail Valte, has announced that President Aquino will not move the upcoming June 12, Independence Day, public holiday to Monday, June 13, 2011.
The aforementioned announcement is in line with Proclamation 84, signed by President Aquino, late last year (20-Dec-2010), and which lists the special and regular public holidays in the Philippines for the calendar year 2011.
But the clarification was felt needed as Proclamation 84 made reference to Although the aforementioned Proclamation 84 makes copious reference to Republic Act 9492 (25-Jul-2007), although it represents a de facto reversal of most, if not all, of the "holidays economics" provisions of Republic Act 9492, "An Act Rationalizing the Celebration of National Holidays".
Holidays Economics was the brainchild of former President Arroyo. Since his election (17-Jun-2010), current President Benigno Aquino has announced that he would declare each public holiday on a case-by-case basis (12-Jul-2010). As such, some of the previously gazetted public holidays were canceled (11-Aug-2010) while others remained in place (11-Nov-2010 and 13-Aug-2010), albeit after a period of uncertainty (12-Aug-2010).
• Philippines bank holidays and public holidays (news and updates)
bank holidays and public holidays news updates (June 2011)
Philippines 2019 bank holidays and public holidays (current year)
Philippines 2020 bank holidays and public holidays (next year)
Philippines 2021 bank holidays and public holidays
Philippines 2022 bank holidays and public holidays
Philippines 2023 bank holidays and public holidays
• 2011-06-08: Philippines Declare June 24 Public Holiday
• 2010-12-20: Philippines 2011 Public Holidays Announced
• 2010-11-11: Philippines Declares November 29 Public Holiday
• 2010-08-13: Philippines Declare August 30 A Public Holiday
• 2010-08-12: Philippines Could Cancel August 30 Public Holiday
• 2010-08-11: Philippines Cancels August 23 Public Holiday
• 2010-07-12: Philippines To Review Public Holidays Economics
• 2010-06-17: Philippines Declares June 30 Public Holiday
• 2007-07-25: Philippines Public Holidays Undergo Major Changes