Source: Saudi Press Agency (SPA)
The government of Saudi Arabia has declared Saturday, February 26, 2011, as a one-off public holiday throughout the Kingdom.
As per the aforementioned communique, this additional public holiday was declared to celebrate the return, tomorrow, of Saudi King Abdullah, after a three-month absence for medical treatment.
Although a number of Gulf countries have changed their official weekly holidays from Thursday/Friday to Friday/Saturday (31-May-2006 and 02-Aug-2006), despite repeated calls (07-Apr-2009 and 02-Sep-2007), Saudi Arabia has to date not followed suit.
• Saudi Arabia bank holidays and public holidays (news and updates)
bank holidays and public holidays news updates (February 2011)
Saudi Arabia 2019 bank holidays and public holidays (current year)
Saudi Arabia 2020 bank holidays and public holidays (next year)
Saudi Arabia 2021 bank holidays and public holidays
Saudi Arabia 2022 bank holidays and public holidays
Saudi Arabia 2023 bank holidays and public holidays
• 2015-01-24: Saudi Arabian Public Holiday January 25
• 2011-03-18: Saudi Arabia Declares March 19 Public Holiday
• 2009-04-07: Saudi Arabia Weekend Holidays Imbroglio
• 2007-09-02: Saudi Arabia Business Community Calling For Change To Weekend Definition
• 2006-08-02: Bahrain To Change Weekend Days To Friday-Saturday
• 2006-05-31: UAE Changes Weekends To Friday-Saturday