Source: Office of the Administrator (Indian Ocean Territories)
The Administrator of Australia's Indian Ocean Territories, Brian Lacy, has signed Community Bulletin A51/2012 which officially gazettes the bank holidays and public holidays on Christmas Island for the calendar year 2013.
The aforementioned listing was gazetted earlier today in the Proclamation - Special & Bank Holidays 2013 Territory of Christmas Island (No. 07/2012).
In 2013, once again (22-Aug-2011, 09-Aug-2010 and 10-Aug-2009), there will be no conflict between public holidays, whereby, in some previous years (13-Aug-2008, 14-Aug-2007, and 31-Aug-2000), 2 public holidays fell on the same date, which required tinkering with some public holidays dates.
Related links and worldwide public holidays news updates:
• Christmas Island bank holidays and public holidays (news and updates)
bank holidays and public holidays news updates (September 2012)
Christmas Island 2017 bank holidays and public holidays (current year)
Christmas Island 2018 bank holidays and public holidays (next year)
Christmas Island 2019 bank holidays and public holidays
Christmas Island 2020 bank holidays and public holidays
Christmas Island 2021 bank holidays and public holidays
• 2014-08-21: Christmas Island 2015 Public Holidays Announced
• 2013-09-27: Christmas Island 2014 Public Holidays Announced
• 2011-08-22: Christmas Island 2012 Public Holidays Announced
• 2010-08-09: Christmas Island 2011 Public Holidays Announced
• 2009-08-10: Christmas Island 2010 Public Holidays Announced
• 2008-08-13: Christmas Island Announces Chinese New Year Public Holiday Change Of Date
• 2007-08-14: Christmas Island Changes 2008 Labour Day Public Holiday
• 2000-08-31: Christmas Island Changes 2001 Labour Day Public Holiday