Source: Office of the President of the Gambia (Banjul)
Gambia's president, Yahya Jammeh, has declared Thursday, January 19, 2012, as another non-working public holiday throughout Gambia "in observance of his inaugural ceremony as the President of the Republic of the Gambia".
Recall that 2 non-working public holidays had been declared, last November (21-Nov-2011 and 24-Nov-2011), around the date of the actual presidential election.
In the previous presidential election (18-Dec-2006), President Jammeh had also declared a public holiday to celebrate his victory in the presidential election (01-Dec-2006), albeit much later (December 18, 2006).
Related links and worldwide public holidays news updates:
• Gambia bank holidays and public holidays (news and updates)
bank holidays and public holidays news updates (January 2012)
Gambia 2019 bank holidays and public holidays (current year)
Gambia 2020 bank holidays and public holidays (next year)
Gambia 2021 bank holidays and public holidays
Gambia 2022 bank holidays and public holidays
Gambia 2023 bank holidays and public holidays
• 2018-04-10: Gambian Public Holidays April 12-13
• 2011-11-24: Gambia Public Holiday Tomorrow
• 2011-11-21: Gambia Public Holiday November 24
• 2006-12-18: Gambia Declares December 18 Post-Election Public Holiday
• 2006-12-01: Gambia Election Update