Source: Communiqués de presse de la Présidence de la République d'Haïti (Port-au-Prince)
The Office of Communication of the Presidency of Haiti has announced that Thursday, May 17, 2012, Ascension Day, has not been declared a one-off non-working public holiday in Haiti.
As per the aforementioned statement, on this occasion, Haiti's President has not availed himself of the powers given to him in the current public holidays legislation (16-Jun-2003) that allow him to turn some of the working holidays (jours fériés non chômés) into non-working holidays (jours fériés chômés) as has been done on occasion (15-Feb-2012 and 31-Oct-2001).
• Haiti bank holidays and public holidays (news and updates)
bank holidays and public holidays news updates (May 2012)
Haiti 2019 bank holidays and public holidays (current year)
Haiti 2020 bank holidays and public holidays (next year)
Haiti 2021 bank holidays and public holidays
Haiti 2022 bank holidays and public holidays
Haiti 2023 bank holidays and public holidays
• 2016-05-25: Haiti Public Holiday May 26
• 2015-06-03: Haiti Public Holiday June 4
• 2014-06-17: Haiti Public Holiday June 19
• 2012-02-15: Haiti 2012 Carnival Public Holidays Announced
• 2003-06-16: Haitian Public Holidays Revision
• 2001-10-31: Haiti Declares November 1-2 Public Holidays