Source: The Jakarta Post (ANTARA)
On the eve of this year's International Labour Day, Indonesia's Home Minister, Gamawan Fauzi, has announced that the Indonesian government was deliberating whether to add May 1st as a new annual non-working public holiday (Hari Libur Nasional) in Indonesia.
As per the aforementioned statement, "The President has heard the proposal and he has asked us to conduct a feasibility study", meaning that the change, were it to come, would take effect in 2013 at the earliest.
The annual non-working public holidays and joint days of leave (Hari Libur Nasional dan Cuti Bersama) for the upcoming calendar year are usually announced in the early summer (14-Jul-2011, 15-Jun-2010, 09-Aug-2009, 10-Jun-2008, and 31-May-2007).
Note that the idea of adding May 1st to the list of Indonesian non-working public holidays had already been discussed a few years ago (30-Apr-2009), but that nothing came of it back then.
• Indonesia bank holidays and public holidays (news and updates)
bank holidays and public holidays news updates (April 2012)
Indonesia 2019 bank holidays and public holidays (current year)
Indonesia 2020 bank holidays and public holidays (next year)
Indonesia 2021 bank holidays and public holidays
Indonesia 2022 bank holidays and public holidays
Indonesia 2023 bank holidays and public holidays
• 2016-05-31: Indonesia Adds June 1st Public Holiday
• 2016-05-26: Indonesia Mulls June 1st Public Holiday
• 2013-08-14: Indonesian May 1st Public Holiday Confirmed
• 2013-05-01: Indonesian May 1st Public Holiday Announced
• 2012-05-26: Indonesian May 1st Public Holiday Gains Support
• 2011-07-14: Indonesia 2012 Public Holidays Gazetted
• 2010-06-15: Indonesia 2011 Public Holidays Gazetted
• 2009-08-09: Indonesia 2010 Public Holidays Gazetted
• 2009-04-30: Indonesia May Day Public Holiday Update
• 2008-06-10: Indonesia 2009 Public Holidays Gazetted
• 2007-05-31: Indonesia 2008 Public Holidays Gazetted