Source: Bernama News Agency (Labuan)
Malaysia's Prime Minister, Datuk Seri Najib Tun Razak, has announced that the previously-announced 2013 Malaysian public holidays would be amended so that, starting in 2013, the Deepavali public holiday would also be observed in the Federal Territory of Labuan.
Last summer (01-Aug-2012), the Jadual Hari Kelepasan Am Persekutuan 2013 (Federal Public Holidays Schedule 2013) had listed Deepavali as a non-working public holiday in all Malaysian States, except Labuan and Sarawak.
The aforementioned Federal Public Holidays Schedule 2013 specifies Saturday, November 2, 2013, as the date of the 2013 Deepavali public holiday in Malaysia, in contrast to the Singapore-announced date of Sunday, November 3, 2012, which we have already reported on as possibly incorrect (09-Apr-2012).
Related links and worldwide public holidays news updates:
• Malaysia bank holidays and public holidays (news and updates)
bank holidays and public holidays news updates (November 2012)
Malaysia 2018 bank holidays and public holidays (current year)
Malaysia 2019 bank holidays and public holidays (next year)
Malaysia 2020 bank holidays and public holidays
Malaysia 2021 bank holidays and public holidays
Malaysia 2022 bank holidays and public holidays
• 2016-02-13: Malaysian July 22 Public Holiday In Sarawak
• 2013-07-13: Malaysian 2014 Public Holidays Announced
• 2013-05-13: Malaysian State Public Holidays June 3-4
• 2012-11-17: Malaysian Deepavali Public Holiday Extension Ruled-Out
• 2012-08-01: Malaysian 2013 Public Holidays Announced
• 2012-04-09: Singapore 2013 Public Holidays Released