Source: Ministerio de Comercio Exterior y Turismo (Lima)
Peru's Ministry of Exports and Tourism (MINCETUR) has announced that the recently-announced ASPA public holidays on October 1 and 2, 2012, would also extend to the Peruvian private sector.
Late last week (14-Sep-2012), at the request of MINCETUR, the Peruvian Chief of Cabinet, Juan Jiménez Mayor, had announced that Monday and Tuesday, October 1 and 2, 2012, had been declared as one-off public holidays, on account of the upcoming ASPA Summit (Cumbre de Jefes de Estado y de Gobierno de América del Sur y Países Árabes).
These public holidays will apply to the Peruvian capital, Lima, and the Province of Callao (where the Lima International Airport, and Peru's main harbor are), as was the case for the APEC summit, 4 years ago (07-Feb-2008).
Related links and worldwide public holidays news updates:
• Peru bank holidays and public holidays (news and updates)
bank holidays and public holidays news updates (September 2012)
Peru 2019 bank holidays and public holidays (current year)
Peru 2020 bank holidays and public holidays (next year)
Peru 2021 bank holidays and public holidays
Peru 2022 bank holidays and public holidays
Peru 2023 bank holidays and public holidays
• 2017-12-27: Peru Adds April 13-14 2018 Public Holidays
• 2016-08-13: Peru Declares 3 APEC Public Holidays
• 2015-09-29: Peruvian October 1-2 Public Holidays Ruled-Out
• 2015-09-12: Peru IMF Public Holiday October 9
• 2012-09-27: Peru ASPA Public Holidays Gazetted
• 2012-09-14: Peru ASPA Public Holidays October 1 and 2
• 2008-02-07: Peru Declares 6 Public Holidays For Upcoming ALC-UE And APEC Summits