Source: Diario Oficial El Peruano (Lima)
The government of Peru has issued and gazetted the Decreto Supremo 100-2012-PCM which clarifies the extent of the observance of the recently-announced October 1 and 2, 2012, one-off public holidays, declared on account of the upcoming ASPA Summit (Cumbre de Jefes de Estado y de Gobierno de América del Sur y Países Árabes).
In mid-September (14-Sep-2012), following a request by Peru's Ministry of Exports and Tourism (MINCETUR), the Peruvian Chief of Cabinet, Juan Jiménez Mayor, announced that Monday and Tuesday, October 1 and 2, 2012, had been declared as one-off public holidays, on account of the upcoming ASPA Summit (Cumbre de Jefes de Estado y de Gobierno de América del Sur y Países Árabes).
As per that announcement, and a later clarification (17-Sep-2012), these public holidays will apply to the Peruvian capital, Lima, and the Province of Callao (where the Lima International Airport, and Peru's main harbor are), for both the public sector and the private sector, although they will need to be later compensated (ie. they are non working days, "serán no laborables", but not additional paid public holidays).
These ASPA public holidays mirror the 2008 announcement (07-Feb-2008,), whereby the government of Peru, through the Decretos Supremos 008, and 009-2008-PCM, had declared May 15-17 and November 20-22, 2008, as public holidays in those same regions, on account of the EU/Latin America/Caribbean and APEC summits, respectively.
A similar holiday was declared in the greater Sydney area on the occasion of the 2007 APEC meeting in Australia (12-Sep-2006), and Chile declared a municipal holiday on Friday, November 19, 2004, in Chile's capital, Santiago, to coincide with that year's APEC Summit (28-Oct-2004).
Related links and worldwide public holidays news updates:
• Peru bank holidays and public holidays (news and updates)
bank holidays and public holidays news updates (September 2012)
Peru 2019 bank holidays and public holidays (current year)
Peru 2020 bank holidays and public holidays (next year)
Peru 2021 bank holidays and public holidays
Peru 2022 bank holidays and public holidays
Peru 2023 bank holidays and public holidays
• 2017-12-27: Peru Adds April 13-14 2018 Public Holidays
• 2016-08-13: Peru Declares 3 APEC Public Holidays
• 2015-09-29: Peruvian October 1-2 Public Holidays Ruled-Out
• 2015-09-12: Peru IMF Public Holiday October 9
• 2014-12-07: Peru Mulls December 9 Public Holiday
• 2012-09-17: Peru ASPA Public Holidays Also For Private Sector
• 2012-09-14: Peru ASPA Public Holidays October 1 and 2
• 2008-02-07: Peru Declares 6 Public Holidays For Upcoming ALC-UE And APEC Summits
• 2006-09-12: Australia One-Off APEC Summit Public Holiday In 2007
• 2004-10-28: Chile Declares November 19 APEC Public Holiday