Source: Saudi Press Agency (SPA)
Saudi authorities have announced that a government committee will soon release a report on the possible benefits of changing the weekend in Saudi Arabia from the current Thursday/Friday to Fridays/Saturday.
The aforementioned announcement is not the first time that the subject of moving the Saudi weekend from Thursday/Friday to Fridays/Saturdays comes up (07-Apr-2009 and 02-Sep-2007). However, until now the consultative Shura Council has always been able to block the change.
If a change in the Saudi weekend were to occur, past weekend changes in neighboring GCC countries (31-May-2006 and 02-Aug-2006) would indicate that it could occur around the end of the summer.
• Saudi Arabia bank holidays and public holidays (news and updates)
bank holidays and public holidays news updates (April 2012)
Saudi Arabia 2019 bank holidays and public holidays (current year)
Saudi Arabia 2020 bank holidays and public holidays (next year)
Saudi Arabia 2021 bank holidays and public holidays
Saudi Arabia 2022 bank holidays and public holidays
Saudi Arabia 2023 bank holidays and public holidays
• 2013-04-27: Omani Public Holiday May 2nd
• 2013-04-22: Saudi Arabian Weekend Change Progresses
• 2013-04-06: Omani Weekends Change May 1st
• 2009-04-07: Saudi Arabia Weekend Holidays Imbroglio
• 2007-09-02: Saudi Arabia Business Community Calling For Change To Weekend Definition
• 2006-08-02: Bahrain To Change Weekend Days To Friday-Saturday
• 2006-05-31: UAE Changes Weekends To Friday-Saturday