Source: Government Office of the Slovak Republic (Bratislava)
The government of Slovakia has announced that it is considering reducing the number of annual public holidays and non-working days in Slovakia to spur economic growth.
The aforementioned statement by Slovak premier, Robert Fico, does not specify which annual public holiday would be dropped, but in all estimates it should not have any impact on the 2012 Slovak public holidays announced last fall (08-Oct-2011).
The governments of neighboring Slovenia (02-May-2012) and Croatia (06-Mar-2012) are also considering a reduction in their respective number of annual non-working public holidays.
Related links and worldwide public holidays news updates:
• Slovakia bank holidays and public holidays (news and updates)
bank holidays and public holidays news updates (May 2012)
Slovakia 2018 bank holidays and public holidays (current year)
Slovakia 2019 bank holidays and public holidays (next year)
Slovakia 2020 bank holidays and public holidays
Slovakia 2021 bank holidays and public holidays
Slovakia 2022 bank holidays and public holidays
• 2012-06-25: Slovakian Public Holidays Reduction Update 2
• 2012-06-21: Slovakian Public Holidays Reduction Update
• 2012-05-02: Slovenian Public Holidays Cut Update
• 2012-03-06: Croatians Support Public Holidays Cut
• 2011-10-08: Slovakian 2012 Public Holidays Announced