Source: Royal Civil Service Commission of Bhutan (Thimphu)
Bhutan's Ministry of Home and Cultural Affairs have declared Monday, January 21, 2013, a government non-working public holiday in Bhutan's capital, Thimphu, due yesterday's first Thimphu snowfall of the winter.
It is the first time that a "first snow" public holiday is declared on a Monday on account of the first snowfall occurring during the previous weekend.
Last year, Thimphu experienced its first snowfall on January 2, which is already an annual non-working public holiday in Thimpu.
Related links and worldwide public holidays news updates:
• Bhutan bank holidays and public holidays (news and updates)
bank holidays and public holidays news updates (January 2013)
Bhutan 2018 bank holidays and public holidays (current year)
Bhutan 2019 bank holidays and public holidays (next year)
Bhutan 2020 bank holidays and public holidays
Bhutan 2021 bank holidays and public holidays
Bhutan 2022 bank holidays and public holidays
• 2018-10-15: Bhutanese 2019-2020 Public Holidays Announced
• 2017-11-05: Bhutanese 2018-2019 Public Holidays Announced
• 2016-10-28: Bhutanese 2017 Public Holidays Announced
• 2016-01-20: Bhutanese 2016 First Snow Public Holiday
• 2015-10-01: Bhutanese 2016 Public Holidays Announced
• 2014-03-05: Bhutanese Public Holiday March 5