Source: Agence Tchadienne de Presse (N’Djamena)
The spokesperson for the government of Chad, Hassan Syla Bakari, has announced President Idriss Deby Itno had declared Monday, May 13, 2013, as a one-off non-working public holiday.
The aforementioned declaration of Monday, May 13, 2013, as a one-off non-working public holiday throughout Chad ("journée de lundi férié, chômée et payée") was made to encourage the population to come out en masse to welcome a section of the Chadian armed forces who took part in the military intervention in Mali (FATIM), and who are expected to arrive in N'Djamena Monday morning.
Chad does, on occasion, declare one-off non-working public holidays (06-Aug-2011, 04-May-2011 and 31-Dec-2009), but not as frequently as other neighboring countries.
• Chad bank holidays and public holidays (news and updates)
bank holidays and public holidays news updates (May 2013)
Chad 2019 bank holidays and public holidays (current year)
Chad 2020 bank holidays and public holidays (next year)
Chad 2021 bank holidays and public holidays
Chad 2022 bank holidays and public holidays
Chad 2023 bank holidays and public holidays
• 2019-03-07: Chad Gazettes March 8 Public Holiday
• 2018-10-29: Chad Public Holiday November 1
• 2018-03-30: Chad Adds March 8 Public Holiday
• 2013-07-04: Chad Public Holiday July 5
• 2011-08-06: Chad Public Holiday August 8
• 2011-05-04: Chad Declares May 6 Public Holiday
• 2009-12-31: Chad Public Holidays August 11-12