Source: The Government of the Lao People's Democratic Republic (Ventiane)
The government of Laos has declared Wednesday, April 17, 2013, as an additional non-working public holiday in Laos to once again compensate the fact that one of the 2013 dates of the Pi Mai public holidays falls on a weekend.
As per the aforementioned Lao Government Office announcement, amending an announcement earlier this year (28-Jan-2013), Wednesday, April 17, 2013, was declared an additional non-working public holiday "in compensation for April 14 being a Sunday".
In past years, the annual 3-day Pi Mai public holidays have often (05-Apr-2012, 17-Jan-2012, 10-Apr-2009 and 08-Apr-2008), but not always (09-Apr-2011), been extended.
Related links and worldwide public holidays news updates:
• Laos bank holidays and public holidays (news and updates)
bank holidays and public holidays news updates (April 2013)
Laos 2018 bank holidays and public holidays (current year)
Laos 2019 bank holidays and public holidays (next year)
Laos 2020 bank holidays and public holidays
Laos 2021 bank holidays and public holidays
Laos 2022 bank holidays and public holidays
• 2017-12-16: Laos 2018 Public Holidays Announced
• 2016-12-19: Laos 2017 Public Holidays Announced
• 2015-12-18: Laos 2016 Public Holidays Announced
• 2013-01-28: Laos 2013 Public Holidays Announced
• 2012-04-05: Laos Public Holidays April 16-17
• 2012-01-17: Laos 2012 Public Holidays Announced
• 2011-04-09: Laos Declares April 13-15 Pi Mai Public Holidays
• 2009-04-10: Laos Extends New Year Public Holidays
• 2008-04-08: Laos Confirms April 16 Day In Lieu Public Holiday