Source: Philippine Information Agency (Manila)
The government of the Philippines has confirmed that, despite many press reports to the contrary, tomorrow's EDSA Special Holiday was restricted to schools only, and that Monday, February 25, 2013, would therefore be a regular working day in the Philippines.
Last summer (01-Sep-2012), the government of the Philippines had gazetted the Proclamation No. 459, s. 2012, signed by President Benigno Aquino III, and which listed the special and regular non-working public holidays in the Philippines for the calendar year 2013.
• Philippines bank holidays and public holidays (news and updates)
bank holidays and public holidays news updates (February 2013)
Philippines 2019 bank holidays and public holidays (current year)
Philippines 2020 bank holidays and public holidays (next year)
Philippines 2021 bank holidays and public holidays
Philippines 2022 bank holidays and public holidays
Philippines 2023 bank holidays and public holidays
• 2015-07-15: Philippines Adds 2015-2016 Public Holidays
• 2015-02-23: Philippines 2015 EDSA Public Holiday
• 2014-07-21: Philippines July 28 Public Holiday Ruled-Out
• 2014-02-24: Philippines 2014 EDSA Public Holiday Clarification
• 2012-09-01: Philippines 2013 Public Holidays Announced