Source: Turkmenistan Government Information Agency (Ashgabad)
Turkmenistan's President, Gurbanguly Berdimuhammadov, has signed a decree ("On the postponement of the day-off of October 27") declaring Tuesday, October 29, 2013, as a one-off additional non-working public holiday on account of the upcoming 22nd anniversary of the independence.
Paragraph 3 of Article 81 of the Labour Code of Turkmenistan gives the President the discretionary powers to do so on a case-by-case basis, something that President Berdimuhammadov has done more and more frequently over the years (22-Dec-2012, 11-Feb-2012, 30-Dec-2011, 10-Dec-2010, 19-Mar-2010 and 10-Nov-2009).
Technically, the decree moves this year's October 27 non-working day to Tuesday, October 29, 2013, thus creating an extended period of public holidays in Turkmenistan.
Related links and worldwide public holidays news updates:
• Turkmenistan bank holidays and public holidays (news and updates)
bank holidays and public holidays news updates (October 2013)
Turkmenistan 2018 bank holidays and public holidays (current year)
Turkmenistan 2019 bank holidays and public holidays (next year)
Turkmenistan 2020 bank holidays and public holidays
Turkmenistan 2021 bank holidays and public holidays
Turkmenistan 2022 bank holidays and public holidays
• 2017-10-10: Turkmenistan Public Holidays Overhaul
• 2017-08-30: Turkmenistan Public Holiday September 5
• 2014-05-15: Turkmenistan Public Holiday May 19
• 2013-12-21: Turkmenistan Adds December 31 Public Holiday
• 2012-12-22: Turkmenistan Public Holiday December 31
• 2012-02-11: Turkmenistan Public Holiday February 20
• 2011-12-30: Turkmenistan January 2 Public Holiday
• 2010-12-10: Turkmenistan Declares December 13 Public Holiday
• 2010-03-19: Turkmenistan Extends Upcoming Novruz Public Holidays
• 2009-11-10: Turkmenistan 2009 Kurban Bayram Public Holidays Extended