Source: Agencia Bolivariana de Noticias (Caracas)
The President of Venezuela, Nicolás Maduro, has signed the decree enforcing last year's amendments to the Venezuelan legislation governing non-working public holidays, which take effect today, though they were signed by President Hugo Chávez on May 1st, 2012.
The aforementioned LOTTT "Ley Orgánica del Trabajo, los Trabajadores y las Trabajadoras" (13-Mar-2012 and 06-Feb-2012) replaces the current legislation related to non-working public holidays in Venezuela.
As per Article 366 of the aforementioned bill, the list of official annual non-working public holidays in Venezuela will increase by 4 day: Carnival Monday, Carnival Tuesday, December 24, and December 31.
These changes will bring the general public holidays in Venezuela closer to the list of Venezuelan bank holidays, which are set independently (17-Jul-2012, 06-Aug-2011, 05-Dec-2010, 10-Dec-2009).
Related links and worldwide public holidays news updates:
• Venezuela bank holidays and public holidays (news and updates)
bank holidays and public holidays news updates (May 2013)
Venezuela 2019 bank holidays and public holidays (current year)
Venezuela 2020 bank holidays and public holidays (next year)
Venezuela 2021 bank holidays and public holidays
Venezuela 2022 bank holidays and public holidays
Venezuela 2023 bank holidays and public holidays
• 2014-02-26: Venezuela Extra Public Holidays Gazetted
• 2014-02-24: Venezuela Public Holidays February 27-28
• 2014-02-22: Venezuela Public Holiday February 27
• 2013-11-05: Venezuela Adds December 8 Public Holiday
• 2012-07-17: Venezuelan 2013 Bank And Public Holidays
• 2012-03-13: Venezuelan Public Holidays Changes Confirmed
• 2012-02-06: Venezuelan Public Holidays Legislation Amended
• 2011-08-06: Venezuela 2012 Bank And Public Holidays Announced
• 2010-12-05: Venezuela 2011 Bank And Public Holidays Announced
• 2009-12-10: Venezuela 2010 Bank And Public Holidays Announced