Source: Government of Zimbabwe (Harare)
Zimbabwe's Constitutional Court, in a unanimous decision, has confirmed Wednesday, July 31, 2013, as the date of the upcoming Presidential election, which as per the recently-amended Electoral Act, will be a non-working public holiday in Zimbabwe.
Contrary to previous occasions (14-Mar-2013), the aforementioned announcement, is no longer based on Section 2 (2) of the "Public Holidays and Prohibition of Business Act (Chapter10:21)", which gives Zimbabwe's President the power to declare special one-off public holidays, but rather on Section IX-39-2 of the Statutory Instrument 85/2013 (Zimbabwe Electoral Act consolidated as at 22 June 2013).
Related links and worldwide public holidays news updates:
• Zimbabwe bank holidays and public holidays (news and updates)
bank holidays and public holidays news updates (July 2013)
Zimbabwe 2018 bank holidays and public holidays (current year)
Zimbabwe 2019 bank holidays and public holidays (next year)
Zimbabwe 2020 bank holidays and public holidays
Zimbabwe 2021 bank holidays and public holidays
Zimbabwe 2022 bank holidays and public holidays
• 2018-05-13: Zimbabwe Mulls Summer Electoral Public Holiday
• 2013-08-21: Zimbabwe Public Holiday August 22
• 2013-07-25: Zimbabwe Declares July 31 Public Holiday
• 2013-07-22: Zimbabwe Mulls July 31 Public Holiday
• 2013-03-14: Zimbabwe Public Holiday March 16