Source: Bermuda Department of Communication and Information (Hamilton)
The Bermuda "Public Holidays Amendment Act 2014", introduced last summer by Bermuda's Shadow Minister of Economic Development, Michael Weeks, has garnered support from the Government's Minister of Community, Culture and Sport, Wayne Scott, during its current second reading.
The aforementioned "Public Holidays Amendment Act 2014", which got its first reading last summer (30-Jun-2014), would move the Bermuda Day annual non-working public holiday in Bermuda from its current set date of May 24 to "the Friday before the last Monday in May", to coincide with the US Memorial Day public holiday.
While the Heroes' Day and Queen's Birthday public holidays were often moved around over the years (19-Sep-2007, 16-Mar-2008, 09-May-2009, and 24-May-2009), the Bermuda Labour Day public holiday has remain fixed in September for decades, mainly due to its coincidence with the US Labour Day public holiday, which sees a massive tourist from the US to Bermuda every year (20-Apr-2012 and 22-Jan-2012).
Related links and worldwide public holidays news updates:
• Bermuda bank holidays and public holidays (news and updates)
bank holidays and public holidays news updates (December 2014)
Bermuda 2018 bank holidays and public holidays (current year)
Bermuda 2019 bank holidays and public holidays (next year)
Bermuda 2020 bank holidays and public holidays
Bermuda 2021 bank holidays and public holidays
Bermuda 2022 bank holidays and public holidays
• 2014-06-30: Bermuda Mulls May Public Holiday Shift
• 2012-04-20: Bermuda Labour Day Public Holiday Confirmed
• 2012-01-22: Bermuda Could Move Labour Day Public Holiday
• 2009-05-24: Bermuda Parliament Restores June Public Holiday
• 2009-05-09: Bermuda Moves Heroes' Day Public Holiday To June
• 2008-03-16: Bermuda Restores May 24 Public Holiday Name To Bermuda Day
• 2007-09-19: Bermuda Day Public Holiday Renamed