Source: El Heraldo (Tegucigalpa)
The government of Honduras has officialized, as per the "Decreto Legislativo No. 75-2014 del 29 de septiembre" published in the Diario Oficial La Gaceta, the recently-announced moved of all 3 of Honduras' annual October non-working public holidays to the last week of October.
At the beginning of last month (10-Sep-2014), the bill, recently introduced to Honduras' Asamblea Legislativa to combine the 3 annual October non-working public holidays, on the 3rd, the 12th and the 21st, into a contiguous period of public holidays at the end of October, has been passed, with immediate effect.
Over the years, the government of Honduras has frequently tinkered with the 3 annual non-working public holidays of Honduras which are set in October (03-Oct-2013, 24-Sep-2013, 06-Oct-2012, 01-Oct-2012, 30-Sep-2011, 09-Apr-2003, 25-Oct-2008, 03-Oct-2007, 02-Oct-2006, and 30-Sep-2005).
Last week (05-Sep-2014), we had reported that a bill had been introduced in Honduras' parliament which would combine the 3 annual October non-working public holidays, on the 3rd, the 12th and the 21st, into one week of public holidays at the end of October.
The bill's period of contiguous public holidays was uncertain for most of the beginning of this week, with an earlier version having the 3 days period of public holidays set for the second to last week of October. Later this was changed to the first week of October, before a final choice was made for the Wednesday, Thursday and Friday of the last week of October.
As the effect of this bill is immediate, this means that the upcoming hitherto Honduras annual non-working public holidays of October 3, 12 and 21, will be observed on October 29, 30, and 31, in 2014.
Note that, for the private sector, the Wednesday public holiday, this year and in future years, will only start at noon, to compensate the fact that the Honduras private sector usually works a half day on Saturdays, and that in the case of these new extended public holidays of Honduras, the Saturday will also be a full day off ("la empresa privada laborará el miércoles hasta el mediodía, porque como es conocido ellos trabajan el sábado y de esa forma no trabajarán esa mañana").
• Honduras bank holidays and public holidays (news and updates)
bank holidays and public holidays news updates (October 2014)
Honduras 2019 bank holidays and public holidays (current year)
Honduras 2020 bank holidays and public holidays (next year)
Honduras 2021 bank holidays and public holidays
Honduras 2022 bank holidays and public holidays
Honduras 2023 bank holidays and public holidays
• 2018-10-11: Honduras Could Reconsider Morazánica Public Holidays
• 2018-09-18: Honduras Extends 2018 Morazánica Public Holidays
• 2017-09-28: Honduras Extends 2017 Morazánica Public Holidays
• 2017-09-19: Honduras 2017 Morazánica Public Holidays October 4-7
• 2016-09-06: Honduras Morazánica Public Holidays October 5-8
• 2015-08-22: Honduras October Public Holidays Amended Again
• 2015-08-14: Honduras October Public Holidays Amended
• 2015-08-05: Honduras October Public Holidays Changes Update
• 2015-07-01: Honduras Mulls October Public Holidays Changes
• 2014-10-27: Honduras October Bank Holidays
• 2014-09-10: Honduras Votes October Public Holidays Changes
• 2014-09-05: Honduras Mulls October Public Holidays Changes
• 2013-10-03: Honduras October 2013 Public Holidays
• 2013-09-24: Honduras Football Public Holiday October 11
• 2012-10-06: Honduras October 12 Public Holidays Moved Again
• 2012-10-01: Honduras October 2012 Public Holidays Moved
• 2011-09-30: Honduras October 2011 Public Holidays Moved
• 2008-10-25: Honduras Moves Army Day Public Holiday For Civil Servants To November 10
• 2007-10-03: Honduras Changes Dates Of October Public Holidays
• 2006-10-02: Honduras' Moving of 2006 October Public Holidays Confirmed
• 2005-09-30: Honduras Confirms 2005 October Public Holidays Omission
• 2003-04-09: Honduras Amends Public Holidays Legislation