Source: The State Bank of Pakistan (Karachi)
The State Bank of Pakistan (SBP) has announced that Tuesday, January 14, 2014, would be a bank holiday throughout Pakistan on the occasion of the annual Eid Miladun Nabi (Birthday of the Prophet).
The details of the aforementioned announcement, are in line with the recently-announced (09-Jan-2014) list of non-working public holidays in Pakistan, as announced by Pakistan's Ministry of Interior, in consultation with Karachi's Meteorological Department.
As per custom (18-Jul-2007, 13-Aug-2013, 31-Dec-2012, 06-Nov-2012, 18-Jul-2012 and 25-Jun-2012), goes on to state that the aforementioned announcement states that all banks/DFIs/MFBs will remain closed for public dealings on that date.
Related links and worldwide public holidays news updates:
• Pakistan bank holidays and public holidays (news and updates)
bank holidays and public holidays news updates (January 2014)
Pakistan 2019 bank holidays and public holidays (current year)
Pakistan 2020 bank holidays and public holidays (next year)
Pakistan 2021 bank holidays and public holidays
Pakistan 2022 bank holidays and public holidays
Pakistan 2023 bank holidays and public holidays
• 2014-02-03: Pakistan Bank Holiday February 5
• 2014-01-09: Pakistan 2014 Public Holidays Announced
• 2013-08-13: Pakistan Bank Holiday August 14
• 2012-12-31: Pakistan Bank Holiday Tomorrow
• 2012-11-06: Pakistan Bank Holiday November 9
• 2012-07-18: Pakistan Bank Holiday July 23
• 2012-06-25: Pakistan Bank Holiday July 2
• 2007-07-18: Vatican Moves Saint Patrick's Day To March 15