Source: Emirates News Agency (WAM)
The Chairman of the UAE's Federal Authority for Government Human Resources (FAGHR), Hussain bin Ibrahim Al Hammadi, has announced that the probable dates for the upcoming annual Al Hijri New Year non-working public holidays for the private and public sectors of the UAE are on the UAE weekend and that no substitute public holiday will be granted to compensate that fact.
In the past the UAE has often adjusted the date of the annual Islamic New Year public holiday to adjoin a weekend (29-Oct-2013, 24-Nov-2011, 28-Nov-2010 and 23-Dec-2008), but this does not mean that substitute public holidays are declared when public holidays in the UAE fall on the UAE weekend, as per paragraph 6 of Article 100 of the bylaws “A public holiday shall not be subject to postponement or compensation should it occur at the same time as another public holiday or on a weekend.”.
The Cabinet decree No.21/2006 (31-May-2006) changed the weekend days in the UAE to Fridays and Saturdays instead, as of Friday September 1st, 2006.
Related links and worldwide public holidays news updates:
• UAE (United Arab Emirates) bank holidays and public holidays (news and updates)
bank holidays and public holidays news updates (October 2014)
UAE (United Arab Emirates) 2018 bank holidays and public holidays (current year)
UAE (United Arab Emirates) 2019 bank holidays and public holidays (next year)
UAE (United Arab Emirates) 2020 bank holidays and public holidays
UAE (United Arab Emirates) 2021 bank holidays and public holidays
UAE (United Arab Emirates) 2022 bank holidays and public holidays
• 2017-09-19: UAE Hijri New Year 1439 Public Holidays
• 2016-09-26: UAE Hijri New Year 1438 Public Holiday
• 2015-10-11: UAE Hijri New Year 1437 Public Holiday
• 2013-10-29: UAE Change Hijri New Year Public Holidays
• 2011-11-24: UAE Hijri And National Day Public Holidays Announced
• 2010-11-28: UAE Announces December Public Holidays
• 2008-12-23: Romania 2009 Public Holidays Announced
• 2006-05-31: UAE Changes Weekends To Friday-Saturday