Source: Agencia Bolivariana de Noticias (Caracas)
The President of Venezuela, Nicolás Maduro, has signed a decree declaring Thursday, February 27, 2014, as a one-off non-working public holiday to commemorate the 25th anniversary of the Caracazo massacre.
As per the LOTTT "Ley Orgánica del Trabajo, los Trabajadores y las Trabajadoras" (13-Mar-2012 and 06-Feb-2012) which came into effect last spring (01-May-2013), the President of Venezuela is entitled to declare up to 3 one-off non-working public holidays per year in Venezuela.
Related links and worldwide public holidays news updates:
• Venezuela bank holidays and public holidays (news and updates)
bank holidays and public holidays news updates (February 2014)
Venezuela 2019 bank holidays and public holidays (current year)
Venezuela 2020 bank holidays and public holidays (next year)
Venezuela 2021 bank holidays and public holidays
Venezuela 2022 bank holidays and public holidays
Venezuela 2023 bank holidays and public holidays
• 2014-02-26: Venezuela Extra Public Holidays Gazetted
• 2014-02-24: Venezuela Public Holidays February 27-28
• 2013-05-01: Venezuelan Public Holidays Law Takes Effect
• 2012-03-13: Venezuelan Public Holidays Changes Confirmed
• 2012-02-06: Venezuelan Public Holidays Legislation Amended