Source: Direction Générale de la Fonction Publique (Algiers)
The Algerian Ministry of Labour (Ministère du Travail, de l'Emploi et de la Sécurité Sociale) has announced that Sunday, November 1st, 2015, had been declared a non-working public holiday in Algeria on account of the annual "fête de la Révolution" annual non-working public holiday of Algeria.
The aforementioned announcement ("La journée du dimanche 1er novembre, fête de la Révolution, sera chômée et payée pour l'ensemble des personnels des institutions et administrations publiques, y compris les personnels payés à l'heure ou à la journée") is in line with current public holidays legislation in Algeria (29-Oct-2014).
Recall that, 6 years ago (24-Jul-2009), the Algerian government changed its weekends from Thursday/Friday to the "mixed" or "semi-universal" Friday/Saturday weekend.
• Algeria bank holidays and public holidays (news and updates)
bank holidays and public holidays news updates (October 2015)
Algeria 2019 bank holidays and public holidays (current year)
Algeria 2020 bank holidays and public holidays (next year)
Algeria 2021 bank holidays and public holidays
Algeria 2022 bank holidays and public holidays
Algeria 2023 bank holidays and public holidays
• 2018-10-30: Algerian Revolution Day Public Holiday 2018
• 2017-10-30: Algerian Revolution Day Public Holiday 2017
• 2016-10-27: Algerian Revolution Day Public Holiday 2016
• 2014-10-29: Algerian November 2014 Public Holidays
• 2009-07-24: Algeria To Change Weekends To Fridays and Saturdays