Source: Situs Resmi Kementerian Koordinator Bidang Kesejahteraan Rakyat (Jakarta)
The Indonesian Cabinet Secretariat has announced that, as announced last summer, Indonesian President, Joko Widodo, has signed a presidential declaring Wednesday, December 9, 2015, as another one-off electoral public holiday in Indonesia on account of the Indonesian regional elections being held on that date.
The aforementioned announcement ("We have set Wednesday, December 9, 2015 as a national holiday so that the public can vote for their governors and vice governors, regents and vice regents, as well as mayors and vice mayors in unison") officializes last summer's announcement (27-Jul-2015) by Indonesia's Home Affairs Minister, Tjahjo Kumolo, who then announced that, Wednesday, December 9, 2015, the date of the upcoming simultaneous regional head elections, would once again be declared as a one-off non-working public holiday in Indonesia "to enable people employed outside their regions to cast their votes".
The dates of legislative and presidential elections in Indonesia are regularly declared one-off non-working public holidays and bank holidays (02-Jul-2014, 26-Jun-2014, 05-Apr-2014, 03-Apr-2014, 10-May-2013, 15-Sep-2012, 21-Jun-2012, 10-May-2010, 03-Jul-2009, 31-Mar-2009, 06-Jul-2008, 30-Mar-2004 and 29-May-1999).
To reduce the number of such electoral public holidays, earlier this year (23-Jan-2014), Indonesia's Constitutional Court ruled that Indonesia would hold its presidential election and legislative election concurrently, starting in 2019.
• Indonesia bank holidays and public holidays (news and updates)
bank holidays and public holidays news updates (November 2015)
Indonesia 2019 bank holidays and public holidays (current year)
Indonesia 2020 bank holidays and public holidays (next year)
Indonesia 2021 bank holidays and public holidays
Indonesia 2022 bank holidays and public holidays
Indonesia 2023 bank holidays and public holidays
• 2018-06-25: Indonesian 2018 Public Holiday June 27
• 2018-06-22: Indonesian 2018 Public Holidays Amended Again
• 2017-04-07: Indonesian Public Holiday April 19
• 2017-02-08: Indonesian Public Holiday February 15
• 2015-07-27: Indonesian Public Holiday December 9
• 2014-07-02: Indonesian Bank Holiday July 9
• 2014-06-26: Indonesian Public Holiday July 9
• 2014-04-05: Indonesian Bank Holiday April 9
• 2014-04-03: Indonesian Public Holiday April 9
• 2014-01-23: Indonesia To Combine Election Dates From 2019
• 2013-05-10: Indonesian Bali Public Holiday May 15
• 2012-09-15: Indonesian Public Holiday September 20
• 2012-06-21: Indonesian Public Holiday July 11
• 2010-05-10: Indonesia Declares May 11 Regional Public Holiday
• 2009-07-03: Indonesia Confirms July 8 Electoral Public Holiday
• 2009-03-31: Indonesia Declares April 9 Public Holiday
• 2008-07-06: Indonesia Declares July 9 Public Holiday In Bali
• 2004-03-30: Indonesia Declares April 5 and July 5 Public Holidays
• 1999-05-29: Indonesia Declares June 7 Public Holiday