Source: States of Guernsey (St. Peter Port)
The Jersey Council of Ministers has confirmed that it would also not ask the States of Jersey for an additional non-working public holiday in Jersey on May 11, 2015, to compensate the fact that the 70th anniversary of the end of Jersey's WW2 occupation falls on a Saturday this year.
Recall that, the last time the Jersey annual non-working public holiday for Liberation Day fell on a Saturday, in 2010, a similar call to declare Monday, May 11, 2010, as a one-off non-working public holiday in Jersey, was defeated, despite multiple and last-minute efforts (20-Dec-2009, 03-Feb-2010, 15-Feb-2010, 27-Feb-2010 and 25-Mar-2010).
In related news, last autumn (19-Nov-2014), Guernsey's governmental department of Commerce and Employment and Culture and Leisure had stated that it had no plans to declare May 10, 2015, as an additional, one-off non-working public holiday to compensate the fact that the 70th anniversary of Guernsey's liberation will fall, once again, on a weekend, as was the case 5 years ago (07-Mar-2010) when the day after Liberation Day public holiday, Monday, May 10th, 2010, was declared an additional official public holiday in Guernsey (11-Sep-2009).
Related links and worldwide public holidays news updates:
• Jersey bank holidays and public holidays (news and updates)
bank holidays and public holidays news updates (January 2015)
Jersey 2018 bank holidays and public holidays (current year)
Jersey 2019 bank holidays and public holidays (next year)
Jersey 2020 bank holidays and public holidays
Jersey 2021 bank holidays and public holidays
Jersey 2022 bank holidays and public holidays
• 2016-03-06: Jersey May 9 Public Holiday Compensated
• 2015-04-19: Jersey 2015 Public Holidays Revised
• 2015-03-11: Jersey May 8 Public Holiday Also Ruled-Out
• 2014-11-19: Guernsey May 10 Day In Lieu Public Holiday Ruled-Out
• 2010-03-25: Jersey May 9 Day In Lieu Public Holiday Update
• 2010-03-07: Guernsey May 9th 2010 Might Not Be Public Holiday
• 2010-02-27: Jersey Rejects Additional Liberation Day Public Holiday Again
• 2010-02-15: Jersey Legislature To Consider May 7 Public Holiday
• 2010-02-03: Jersey Legislature Rejects May 10 Public Holiday
• 2009-12-20: Jersey Bill Would Declare May 10 Public Holiday
• 2009-09-11: Guernsey Could Add May 10 Public Holiday Next Year