Source: Laman Web Rasmi Bahagian Kabinet Jabatan Perdana Menteri (Kuala Lumpur)
Malaysia's Cabinet's and the Constitution and Government Relations Department of the Prime Minister's Office have jointly issued the annual official Federal Public Holidays Schedule 2016 and State Public Holiday Schedule 2016.
The aforementioned "Jadual Hari Kelepasan Am Persekutuan 2016" (Federal Public Holidays Schedule 2016) re-confirms the 2009 Malaysian Cabinet decision to celebrate Hari Malaysia as a national public holiday (19-Oct-2009).
For its part, the aforementioned State Public Holiday Schedule 2016 ("Jadual Hari Kelepasan Am Negeri 2016") also re-confirms the addition of the "Pengisytiharaan Tapak Warisan Dunia Pulau Pinang" regional public holiday in Penang (17-Jun-2010), the modified dates for the 2 Johor State public holidays commemorating the Johor Sultan's Birthday and the previous Sultan's Hari Hol Almarhum (15-Mar-2010), as well as subsequent changes thereto (19-Mar-2015), and announces the new annual date for the Sultan of Perak's Birthday, following the death of the former Sultan of Perak, Sultan Azlan Muhibbuddin Shah (28-May-2014).
Both of the aforementioned announcements confirm last year's (24-May-2014) publication by Malaysia's governmental Department of Islamic Development Malaysia (Jabatan Kemajuan Islam Malaysia, aka. JAKIM) of its Islamic calendar for 2016 (corresponding to 1437-1438 AH) and related annual Islamic non-working public holidays in Malaysia.
Contrary to what happened 2 years ago (07-Dec-2013 and 13-Jul-2013), the announced date for Deepavali is correct.
• Malaysia bank holidays and public holidays (news and updates)
bank holidays and public holidays news updates (October 2015)
Malaysia 2019 bank holidays and public holidays (current year)
Malaysia 2020 bank holidays and public holidays (next year)
Malaysia 2021 bank holidays and public holidays
Malaysia 2022 bank holidays and public holidays
Malaysia 2023 bank holidays and public holidays
• 2018-07-31: Malaysian 2020 Islamic Public Holidays Announced
• 2018-01-09: Malaysian 2019 Islamic Public Holidays Announced
• 2016-10-07: Malaysian 2018 Islamic Public Holidays Announced
• 2016-08-26: Malaysian PRK 2016 Public Holidays Amended
• 2016-07-01: Malaysia Approves Extended End of Ramadan Public Holidays
• 2016-04-25: Malaysian May 6 PRK State Public Holiday Ruled-Out
• 2016-02-13: Malaysian July 22 Public Holiday In Sarawak
• 2016-01-06: Malaysian 2016 Thaipusam Public Holiday Extended
• 2015-11-12: Malaysian State Public Holiday November 22
• 2015-03-19: Malaysian November 22 State Public Holiday Canceled
• 2014-05-28: Malaysia Perak Public Holiday May 29
• 2014-05-24: Malaysian 2016 Islamic Public Holidays Announced
• 2013-12-07: Malaysian 2014 Deepavali Public Holiday Moved
• 2013-07-13: Malaysian 2014 Public Holidays Announced
• 2010-06-17: Malaysia Confirms July 7 Public Holiday
• 2010-03-15: Malaysia Updates Johor State Public Holidays
• 2009-10-19: Malaysia To Finally Declare Malaysia Day Public Holiday