Source: Oman News Agency (Muscat)
Oman's Minister of the Diwan of Royal Court, Sayyid Khalid bin Hilal bin Saud Al Busaidi, has announced the decision to declare a non-working public holiday for the employees of the ministries, public authorities and other departments of the State's administrative apparatus, on the occasion of the upcoming annual Hijri New Year 1437 non-working public holiday in Oman.
For the moment, no specific Gregorian date has been set for this Omani public holiday to fall on the first day of Muharram, 1437 AH, as the aforementioned announcement states that the "Muharram Moon sighting will be declared by the authority concerned".
In a separate announcement, Sheikh Abdullah bin Nasser Al Bakri, Oman's Minister of Manpower, also announced that the first day of Muharram, 1437 AH, would be an official non-working public holiday for employees at the private sector's companies.
• Oman bank holidays and public holidays (news and updates)
bank holidays and public holidays news updates (October 2015)
Oman 2019 bank holidays and public holidays (current year)
Oman 2020 bank holidays and public holidays (next year)
Oman 2021 bank holidays and public holidays
Oman 2022 bank holidays and public holidays
Oman 2023 bank holidays and public holidays
• 2017-09-20: Omani Hijri New Year 1439 Public Holiday September 22-24
• 2016-10-01: Omani Hijri New Year 1438 Public Holiday October 3
• 2016-09-25: Omani Public Holidays For Hijri New Year 1438
• 2016-01-18: Omani 2016 Public Holidays Announced
• 2015-10-13: Omani Hijri 1437 Public Holiday Announced