Source: Pakistan's Ministry of Interior (Islamabad)
Pakistan's Justice, Khalid Mahmood Khan, of the Lahore High Court, has issued a notice to the federal government of Pakistan, re a petition against abolition of the annual, November 9, non-working public holiday in Pakistan on Iqbal Day, and has requested a reply from the federal government of Pakistan within three weeks.
Recall that, earlier this month (03-Nov-2015), after some initial reports that the Ministry of the Interior of the Federal Government of Pakistan was considering declaring the eve of the, November 9, Iqbal Day, non-working public holiday as an additional non-working public holiday in Pakistan, the Ministry of the Interior of the Federal Government of Pakistan then did an about-face and actually canceled the Iqbal Day Public Holiday in Pakistan for the current calendar year 2015.
The expected observance of November 9, the birth anniversary of Allama Muhammad Iqbal, as a non-working public holiday in Pakistan, was in line with the "expected dates for public and optional holidays for the calendar year 2015" published by the Government of Pakistan at the beginning of the current year (12-Jan-2015), as the aforementioned Circular F. No. 2/4/2014 points-out ("Public holiday declared for November 9, 2015, via the Ministry of the Interior circular number 2/4/2014 dated 2nd January 2015, is hereby canceled ab initio").
Such an intervention by Pakistan's High Court into the real of Pakistan's list of annual non-working public holidays, might seems odd, but in Bangladesh (formerly East Pakistan), almost a decade ago, the High Court of Bangladesh requested, and obtained, in both cases, the review of the cancellation of the November 7, annual non-working public holiday in Bangladesh (26-Oct-2008), and of the August 15, annual non-working public holiday in Bangladesh (06-Aug-2007).
Related links and worldwide public holidays news updates:
• Pakistan bank holidays and public holidays (news and updates)
bank holidays and public holidays news updates (November 2015)
Pakistan 2018 bank holidays and public holidays (current year)
Pakistan 2019 bank holidays and public holidays (next year)
Pakistan 2020 bank holidays and public holidays
Pakistan 2021 bank holidays and public holidays
Pakistan 2022 bank holidays and public holidays
• 2018-11-07: Pakistan Iqbal Day Public Holiday Ruled-Out Again
• 2018-01-27: Pakistan 2018 Public Holidays Announced
• 2017-11-07: Pakistan Iqbal Day Public Holiday Ruled-Out
• 2016-12-25: Pakistan 2017 Public Holidays Announced
• 2016-11-08: Pakistan Iqbal Day Public Holiday Restoration Ruled-Out
• 2016-02-01: Pakistan 2016 Public Holidays Announced
• 2015-11-03: Pakistan 2015 Iqbal Day Public Holiday Canceled
• 2015-01-12: Pakistan 2015 Public Holidays Announced
• 2008-10-26: Bangladesh Could Restore November 7 Public Holiday
• 2007-08-06: Bangladesh August 15 Public Holiday In Front Of Supreme Court