Source: National Bank of Ukraine (Kiev)
Ukraine's Central Bank, the National Bank of Ukraine (NBU), in line with the recent announcement of the Government of the Ukraine, setting forth the list of official non-working public holidays in 2016 in the Ukraine, has declared Friday, January 8, 2016, as a one-off bank holiday in the Ukraine.
As was the case in the official list of 2016 non-working public holidays in the Ukraine and postponement of some working days in 2016, "in order to create favorable conditions for the rational use of working time" (12-Nov-2015), the aforementioned declaration of Friday, January 8, 2016, as a one-off bank holiday in the Ukraine, will be compensated by banks in the Ukraine opening as for a regular working day, on Saturday, January 16, 2016.
In addition, as was done 6 years ago (17-Dec-2009), on January 4, 2016, the banks will function, but will not be open to the public ("banks will operate without clients"), and on that date the inter-bank clearing system will not be operational.
Related links and worldwide public holidays news updates:
• Ukraine bank holidays and public holidays (news and updates)
bank holidays and public holidays news updates (December 2015)
Ukraine 2019 bank holidays and public holidays (current year)
Ukraine 2020 bank holidays and public holidays (next year)
Ukraine 2021 bank holidays and public holidays
Ukraine 2022 bank holidays and public holidays
Ukraine 2023 bank holidays and public holidays
• 2018-03-24: Ukraine Easter 2018 Public Holidays
• 2017-08-17: Ukraine August 2017 Public Holidays
• 2017-06-01: Ukraine June 2017 Public Holidays
• 2016-05-17: Ukraine June 2016 Public Holidays
• 2016-03-26: Ukraine May 2016 Public Holidays
• 2015-11-12: Ukraine 2016 Public Holidays Approved
• 2009-12-17: Ukraine Declares Additional January 2010 Bank Holidays