Source: Vietnam Ministry of Foreign Affairs (Hanoi)
The Ministry of Labour, Invalids and Social Affairs of the government of Vietnam has announced that the Vietnamese Cabinet had approved the previously-announced draft version of the initial list of annual non-working public holidays in Vietnam for the upcoming calendar year 2016.
A month ago (15-Oct-2015), Vietnam's Ministry of Labour, Invalids and Social Affairs had announced its proposed annual list of the official non-working public holidays in Vietnam for the upcoming Tet (Vietnamese New Year) non-working public holidays for the calendar year 2016, which today's aforementioned announcement by the same Ministry of Labour, Invalids and Social Affairs, confirms.
As per the revised new Labour Code (22-Mar-2010 and 16-Nov-2009), adopted at the third session of the 13th National Assembly (21-Jun-2012), and which took effect on May 1st, 2013, the annual Tet Vietnamese non-working public holidays are extended from 4 to 5 days and, contrary to previous years (12-Nov-2014 and 05-Dec-2013), there will be no need to swap weekend days for additional public holidays in Vietnam during the Tet 2016 Vietnamese public holidays which are proposed as running from Saturday, February 6, to Sunday, February 14, 2016.
Related links and worldwide public holidays news updates:
• Vietnam bank holidays and public holidays (news and updates)
bank holidays and public holidays news updates (November 2015)
Vietnam 2018 bank holidays and public holidays (current year)
Vietnam 2019 bank holidays and public holidays (next year)
Vietnam 2020 bank holidays and public holidays
Vietnam 2021 bank holidays and public holidays
Vietnam 2022 bank holidays and public holidays
• 2016-03-02: Vietnamese April 2016 Public Holidays
• 2015-10-15: Vietnam Tet 2016 Public Holidays Announced
• 2014-11-12: Vietnam 2015 Public Holidays Announced
• 2013-12-05: Vietnamese 2014 Tet Public Holidays Extended
• 2012-06-21: Vietnamese Public Holidays Amendments Voted
• 2010-03-22: Vietnamese Public Holidays Legislation Draft 3
• 2009-11-16: Vietnamese Public Holidays Legislation Draft 2