Source: Ministro da Administração Interna (República de Cabo Verde)
The Government of Cape Verde, through the Gabinete do Secretário de Estado da Administração Pública, has declared one-off non-working public holidays (tolerância de ponto) on account of the upcoming Carnival and subsequent Ash Wednesday (na quadra carnavalesca e na celebração do dia das Cinzas).
The declaration of Carnival and Ash Wednesday as one-off public sector holidays (tolerância de ponto) is relatively common in Cape Verde (16-Feb-2015, 15-Apr-2014, 07-Mar-2011 and 31-Mar-2010), though not systematic (31-Mar-2010 and 12-Apr-2006).
As usual the Island of São Vicente will observe Carnival and Ash Wednesday differently than the rest of the country. In São Vicente, February 9 will be a full-day public holiday, while February 10 will be a half-day, morning-only, public holiday.
Related links and worldwide public holidays news updates:
• Cape Verde bank holidays and public holidays (news and updates)
bank holidays and public holidays news updates (February 2016)
Cape Verde 2018 bank holidays and public holidays (current year)
Cape Verde 2019 bank holidays and public holidays (next year)
Cape Verde 2020 bank holidays and public holidays
Cape Verde 2021 bank holidays and public holidays
Cape Verde 2022 bank holidays and public holidays
• 2015-02-16: Cape Verde Public Holidays February 17-18
• 2014-04-15: Cape Verde 2014 Easter Public Holidays
• 2011-03-07: Cape Verde Declares March 8-9 Public Sector Holidays
• 2010-03-31: Cape Verde Declares April 1st Public Sector Holiday
• 2006-04-12: Cape Verde Declares April 13 Public Sector Holiday