Source: Communiqués de presse de la Présidence de la République d'Haïti (Port-au-Prince)
The Office of Communication of the Presidency of Haiti announced that Haiti's President had issued an Executive Order declaring Wednesday, February 10, 2016, had been declared as another non-working public holidays in Haiti to coincide with the 2016 Carnival public holidays in Haiti, and most particularly Ash Wednesday.
Today's announcement ("la journée du mercredi 10 février 2016 est déclarée fériée et chômée sur toute l'étendue du territoire de la République d'Haïti") follows one made yesterday (08-Feb-2016), in which the Office of Communication of the Presidency of Haiti announced that, following deliberations by the Council of Ministers, Haiti's President had issued an Executive Order declaring the afternoon of Monday, February 8, and all day Tuesday, February 9, 2016, as non-working public holidays in Haiti to coincide with the 2016 Carnival public holidays in Haiti.
Six years ago (14-Feb-2010), the government of Haiti had canceled the Carnival celebrations following that year's recent earthquake (10-Feb-2010), and had not declared any additional non-working public holidays. The year after (28-Feb-2011), the Carnival celebrations were restored, but no additional non-working public holidays were declared in Haiti on either Carnival Monday, or Ash Wednesday.
But following the election of Michel Joseph Martelly as the new President of Haiti (15-Feb-2012), public holidays were declared again for the 2 and a half Carnival days of February, as well as for the July Carnaval des Fleurs (25-Jul-2012), something that had not been done before.
Since then the annual Carnival public holidays in Haiti have been extended or not from year to year (09-Feb-2015 and 03-Feb-2013).
Related links and worldwide public holidays news updates:
• Haiti bank holidays and public holidays (news and updates)
bank holidays and public holidays news updates (February 2016)
Haiti 2018 bank holidays and public holidays (current year)
Haiti 2019 bank holidays and public holidays (next year)
Haiti 2020 bank holidays and public holidays
Haiti 2021 bank holidays and public holidays
Haiti 2022 bank holidays and public holidays
• 2017-02-23: Haiti 2017 Carnival Public Holidays Extended
• 2016-02-08: Haiti 2016 Carnival Public Holidays
• 2015-02-09: Haiti 2015 Carnival Public Holidays
• 2013-02-03: Haiti 2013 Carnival Public Holidays Announced
• 2012-07-25: Haiti Public Holidays July 30-31
• 2012-02-15: Haiti 2012 Carnival Public Holidays Announced
• 2011-02-28: Haiti 2011 Carnival Public Holidays Clarified
• 2010-02-14: Haiti Confirms 2010 Carnival Public Holiday
• 2010-02-10: Haiti Declares February 12 Public Holiday