Source: Jordan News Agency Petra (Amman)
The Jordanian Independent Election Commission (IEC) and the government of Jordan have announced that Tuesday, September 20, 2016, had been declared a non-working public holiday in Jordan on account of that day's parliamentary elections.
The Jordanian Government regularly declares (22-Aug-2013, 17-Jan-2013, 13-Nov-2007, 22-Aug-2007 and 16-Jul-2007) the date of elections as one-off national public holiday throughout Jordan to enable as many people as possible to participate in the nationwide elections.
• Jordan bank holidays and public holidays (news and updates)
bank holidays and public holidays news updates (July 2016)
Jordan 2019 bank holidays and public holidays (current year)
Jordan 2020 bank holidays and public holidays (next year)
Jordan 2021 bank holidays and public holidays
Jordan 2022 bank holidays and public holidays
Jordan 2023 bank holidays and public holidays
• 2016-09-08: Jordanian Bank and Public Holidays September 11-15
• 2013-08-22: Jordan Public Holiday August 27
• 2013-01-17: Jordanian Public Holiday Moved To January 20
• 2007-11-13: Jordan Declares Public Holiday For November 20 Legislative Elections
• 2007-08-22: Jordan One-Off Electoral Public Holiday Likely On November 20
• 2007-07-16: Jordan Declares Public Holiday For July 31 Nationwide Municipal Elections