Source: Bernama News Agency (Kuching)
The Chief Minister of Malaysia's State of Sarawak, Patinggi Tan Sri Adenan Satem, has announced that Sarawak State had requested from the Malaysian federal government that July 22 be declared a state non-working public holiday in Malaysia's State of Sarawak.
Earlier this week, Malaysia's Prime Minister, Datuk Seri Najib Tun Razak, had announced that, starting in 2013, the Deepavali public holiday would also be observed in the Federal Territory of Labuan.
Recall (19-Oct-2015, 17-Nov-2012 and 13-Nov-2012) that Sarawak is the last state/territory of Malaysia where Deepavali is not a non-working public holiday, but that it has a 2-day June state public holiday, which regularly gets extended (13-May-2013, 17-May-2012 and 22-May-2007).
Related links and worldwide public holidays news updates:
• Malaysia bank holidays and public holidays (news and updates)
bank holidays and public holidays news updates (February 2016)
Malaysia 2018 bank holidays and public holidays (current year)
Malaysia 2019 bank holidays and public holidays (next year)
Malaysia 2020 bank holidays and public holidays
Malaysia 2021 bank holidays and public holidays
Malaysia 2022 bank holidays and public holidays
• 2016-05-26: Malaysian July 22 Sarawak Public Holiday Gazetted
• 2016-04-23: Malaysia Announces Sarawak Public Holiday July 22
• 2016-03-20: Malaysian July 22 Sarawak Public Holiday Update
• 2015-10-19: Malaysian 2016 Public Holidays Announced
• 2013-05-13: Malaysian State Public Holidays June 3-4
• 2012-11-17: Malaysian Deepavali Public Holiday Extension Ruled-Out
• 2012-11-13: Malaysian 2013 Public Holidays Amended
• 2012-05-17: Malaysian State Public Holiday June 4
• 2007-05-22: Malaysia's Sarawak State Declares Public Holiday on June 4