Source: Prime Minister's Office (Port-Louis)
The Cabinet of the Government of Mauritius has finalized its previously-released annual list of official non-working public holidays in Mauritius for the calendar year 2016.
The aforementioned finalized version of the previously-released (14-Jun-2015) list of official non-working public holidays in Mauritius for the calendar year 2016, now contains the dates which had heretofore been missing, most specifically that of the Tamizh Puttaandu (Varusha Pirappu) new semi-annual non-working public holiday marking the Tamil New Year, after many years (26-Jul-2014, 14-Jun-2013, 02-Jun-2012 and 14-Sep-2011), when no new annual non-working public holidays had been declared in Mauritius (26-Jul-2001).
The finalized version of the non-working public holidays in Mauritius for the calendar year 2016 confirms that no non-working public holiday will be declared in 2016 in Mauritius for Thaipoosam Cavadee, which, we surmise, will alternate every year with Tamizh Puttaandu, as has been the case for years with the Assumption andAll Saints annual non-working public holidays of Mauritius.
Related links and worldwide public holidays news updates:
• Mauritius bank holidays and public holidays (news and updates)
bank holidays and public holidays news updates (January 2016)
Mauritius 2019 bank holidays and public holidays (current year)
Mauritius 2020 bank holidays and public holidays (next year)
Mauritius 2021 bank holidays and public holidays
Mauritius 2022 bank holidays and public holidays
Mauritius 2023 bank holidays and public holidays
• 2015-06-14: Mauritius 2016 Public Holidays Announced
• 2014-07-26: Mauritius 2015 Public Holidays Announced
• 2013-06-14: Mauritius 2014 Public Holidays Announced
• 2012-06-02: Mauritius 2013 Public Holidays Announced
• 2011-09-14: Mauritius 2012 Public Holidays Gazetted
• 2001-07-26: Mauritius Adds 2 Annual Public Holidays