Source: Diario Oficial El Peruano (Lima)
The Peruvian executive has issued the "decreto supremo 059-2016-PCM" declaring 3 days in November 2016 as one-off non-working public holidays in Peru, on account of the upcoming 24th meeting of the leaders of the APEC countries ("Foro de Cooperación Económica Asia Pacífico").
As per the aforementioned announcement ("se debe a la realización del Foro de Cooperación Económica Asia Pacífico (APEC) y la XXIV Cumbre de Líderes de dicho foro a realizarse en Lima, por lo que es necesario tomar medidas de atención y seguridad para los visitantes" and "El Poder Ejecutivo declaró los días 17, 18 y 19 de noviembre como días no laborales a nivel de Lima y la Provincia Constitucional del Callao, para los trabajadores de los sectores público y privado"), these public holidays will apply to the Peruvian capital, Lima, and the Province of Callao (where the Lima International Airport, and Peru's main harbor are).
This mirrors the 2008 announcement (07-Feb-2008), whereby the government of Peru, through the Decretos Supremos 008, and 009-2008-PCM, had declared May 15-17 and November 20-22, 2008, as public holidays in those same regions, on account of the EU/Latin America/Caribbean and APEC summits, respectively, and the 2012 announcement (27-Sep-2012, 17-Sep-2012 and 14-Sep-2012) that October 1 and 2, 2012, were declared one-off public holidays, on account of the upcoming ASPA Summit (Cumbre de Jefes de Estado y de Gobierno de América del Sur y Países Árabes), as well as the 2015 announcement that the Peruvian executive had decreed that Friday, October 9, 2015, would be a one-off public holiday in Peru, on account of the upcoming IMF and World Bank Summit (12-Sep-2015).
The announcement that November 17-18-19, 2016, would be one-off non-working public holidays in Peru, on account of the upcoming 24th meeting of the leaders of the APEC countries, is in addition to the list of 2016 public holidays in Peru, as released by the government of Peru, late last year (31-Dec-2015).
Related links and worldwide public holidays news updates:
• Peru bank holidays and public holidays (news and updates)
bank holidays and public holidays news updates (August 2016)
Peru 2019 bank holidays and public holidays (current year)
Peru 2020 bank holidays and public holidays (next year)
Peru 2021 bank holidays and public holidays
Peru 2022 bank holidays and public holidays
Peru 2023 bank holidays and public holidays
• 2019-01-04: Peruvian 2019 Public Holidays Announced
• 2017-12-27: Peru Adds April 13-14 2018 Public Holidays
• 2017-12-26: Peruvian 2018 Public Holidays Announced
• 2017-01-07: Peruvian 2017 Public Holidays Amended
• 2016-12-22: Peruvian 2017 Public Holidays Announced
• 2015-12-31: Peruvian 2016 Public Holidays Announced
• 2015-09-12: Peru IMF Public Holiday October 9
• 2012-09-27: Peru ASPA Public Holidays Gazetted
• 2012-09-17: Peru ASPA Public Holidays Also For Private Sector
• 2012-09-14: Peru ASPA Public Holidays October 1 and 2
• 2008-02-07: Peru Declares 6 Public Holidays For Upcoming ALC-UE And APEC Summits